Welcome to Silverdale & Ryecroft Practice
We are a dedicated team providing NHS general practice care to our patient list of over 12,300 patients in Newcastle-under-Lyme. We work from two sites: our main surgery in the village of Silverdale and our branch surgery at Ryecroft in central Newcastle. We also provide the medical care to the residents of two large local nursing homes.
We have a strong commitment to training a wide variety of health care professionals who are closely supervised and by an experienced GP at all times.
Our registration process is straightforward and our friendly team will be happy to help you.
COVID 19 Vaccinations
We were pleased to be included in the first wave of practices to be selected to give Covid Vaccinations, and started giving these in mid-December.
Vaccines will be allocated according to the national protocol, starting with those most at risk and progressing through the categories in turn:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
We will contact all patients who are eligible as supplies become available. Please do not call us if you have not had an invite - we will contact you.
GP practices as part of Primary Care Networks are not the provider of the covid vaccine to health and social care staff at this time. Health and social care staff will have access to larger sites such as vaccination centres or hospital hubs. Frontline health and care workers will be invited for a vaccine over the coming weeks by their local hospital vaccination hub. Staff will be contacted via their employer organisation to check eligibility and to coordinate liaising with the NHS.
Self-employed frontline health and care workers (eg dentists, physios, etc) can apply for vaccination using the Staff Vaccination Form on the following link:
Please be patient and you will be contacted to book your vaccine at a vaccination centre when it is your turn.